Saturday, March 13, 2010
Watching the movie Freedom Writers just reassures me that being a teacher is what I want to do. The possibility of changing even one child's life would make all the hard work worth it. No matter someones background they are worth it. One thing that bothers me is how people see me because of my outward appearance and the way I grew up. Oh a white girl from Orange County, she must of had a perfect childhood and no problems. Yet doing this is exactly like others seeing someone from another race and saying they must have grown up poor and with a bad life. Don't judge a book by it's cover. I pride myself on not doing that. I don't judge based on a first meeting, I get to know someone and listen to their life stories. Everyone has their struggles, some choose to be open about them and some choose to keep them hidden. If you are lucky, they might just let you in. The world would not be the diverse, wonderful place it is today without all the different people that inhabit it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment