I volunteered at the LA Sports Arena for the RAM free clinic on Monday. Now, it's not as though I have never been outside my bubble or never experienced other's lives, but this was something I didn't expect. People from all walks of life were there. Some that lived on the streets, some that had just lost their job, everyone had a different story. It was so fulfilling to be able to help these people even in a small way. Each and every patient was so gracious. It was a long day but so worth it. I would do it again next year. It also made me want to go abroad to countries in the same position and help. I have always wanted to be a part of the peace corps, but 2 years of your life is a huge commitment.
Overall you have to look out for yourself. It's nice to have someone else to lean on, but what if one day they aren't there? What if they fail you. You are the only one that will be with you for the rest of your life. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment