Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Crash
Recently I have been thinking about making some major changes in my life, changing my career path, preparing to move in with my boyfriend and leave the comfortable no rent life, and while many are encouraging me some are doubting. If you know me, you know the ones doubting me are taking control and fogging up those encouraging thoughts. But I'm growing up, I'm realizing no one is in control of my future but me. My whole life has been run by other people. My childhood city, the schools I went to, I choose my college but had my major chosen by my family. I am finally ready to make the leap and make a decision all my own, consequences and all. So I fall, it is just another learning experience. I beleive you learn more from your own mistakes then by hearing them from someone else. Sure others can relate to a past situation of yours but no one will know the exact way you were feeling but you. We are each individuals. I love the quote, "Be yourself, because everyone else is taken." I'm not much of a religious person but I do believe in a higher power. I believe we were all put here on this earth for one reason or another. Each human that crosses our path leaves a footprint, be it big or small. So I guess I realized I need to make choices, even with the chance of falling and having no one there to catch me. Luckily I do have someone who has been my safety net since the day I met him. So watch out world, here I come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
side note: the safety net isn't always just a him....there are plenty of people (myself included) who would help you if you needed it. they're called friends :]
ReplyDelete